January 12, 2016
Present: Todd D, Pastor Bond, Ted G, Kathy S, Lorrie C, Melanie M, Greg G, Cathy P, Judi M, Scott M, Shirley M, Ron H and Tim B
Absent: Tammy A
Meeting was called to order at 6:36 p.m.
Melanie led the opening devotions.
Approval of Agenda:
Melanie made a motion to approve the agenda, seconded by Tim. Motion passed unanimously.
The origin and meaning of our mission statement “Jesus’ witnesses proclaiming God’s grace.” was discussed and reviewed.
1. Secretary – Cathy Prusansky The minutes from December 8, 2015, were approved as written on a motion by Kathy seconded by Judy. The motion passed unanimously.
2. Treasurer – Todd Duckworth Todd presented the financial report for the month of December. A motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report was made by Greg and seconded by Cathy. The motion passed unanimously.
3. Pastors Report – Pastor Bond Additional education opportunities were presented – “Together in Faith”, training of ministers of communion to the homebound, stewardship workshop and a council retreat in early spring.
Council Concerns and Matters:
1. February Devotions – Ted G
2. First Sunday Feedback – nothing to report – next meeting February7th.
3. Budget Q & A Feedback was discussed.
4. Budget for Annual Meeting – Final presentation budget
5. Council/Planning Group nominees/plan – updated
Celebration and Plans –
Youth and Education: Nothing to report.
Worship/Evangelism: Nothing to report.
Building and Grounds: Christmas decorations were taken down.
Social Ministry: Lorrie presented us with totals from the giving tree.
Stewardship/Leadership: Pledge cards are still trickling in.
Foundation: Year end distributions were discussed. Congregational contacts were discussed.
Cathy made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Kathy. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting closed with a prayer and adjourned at 8:32 p.m.
The next meeting of the St. John Lutheran Church Council will be held on February 9, 2016, at 6:30 p.m.