St. John Lutheran Church Council Meeting
December 8, 2015
Present: Todd D., Pastor Bond, Scott M., Shirley M., Ted G., Ron H., Kathy S., Lorrie C., Melanie M., Greg G., Cathy P., and Tammy A.
Absent: Tim B. and Judi M.
Meeting was called to order at 6:36 p.m.
Cathy led the opening devotions.
Approval of Agenda:
Todd made a motion to approve the agenda, seconded by Greg. Motion passed unanimously.
Everyone was given a different “mission” to complete illustrating the frustration of everyone trying to accomplish a different mission. More on mission and vision will be discussed in the future.
1. Secretary – Cathy – The minutes from November 10, 2015, were approved as written on a motion by Todd seconded by Kathy. The motion passed unanimously.
2. Treasurer – Todd presented the financial report for the month of November. A motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report was made by Cathy and seconded by Shirley. The motion passed unanimously.
3. Pastors Report – Pastor Bond Christmas Eve services will be at 5:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. December 20th will be the Children’s Christmas service.
Budget Q&A and Annual Meeting dates were set for January 10, 2016 and January 31, 2016 respectively.
Council Concerns and Matters:
1. January Devotions – Melanie
2. First Sunday Feedback – nothing to report – next meeting January 3rd.
3. Budget Discussion
4. Council/Planning Group nominees/plan – update
5. Roof fund update.
Celebration and Plans –
Youth and Education: Nothing to report.
Worship/Evangelism: Nothing to report.
Building and Grounds: Decorating of the church was a success.
Social Ministry: Giving tree is up and doing well.
Stewardship/Leadership: Nothing to report.
Foundation: Nothing to report. Congregational contacts were discussed.
Greg made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Kathy. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting closed with a prayer and adjourned at 8:07 p.m.
The next meeting of the St. John Lutheran Church Council will be held on January 12, 2016, at 6:30 p.m.
Share this with your friends: