St. John Lutheran Church Council Meeting
September 8, 2015
Present: Todd Duckworth, Pastor Bond, Scott Myers, Shirley Myers, Ted Grund, Ron Hornsey, Kathy Severson, Lorrie Craig, Melanie Morgan, Greg Griffith, Tim Banwell and Tammy Albrecht
Absent: Cathy Prusansky, Judi Magnus
Meeting was called to order at 6:34 p.m.
Devotions: Lorrie led the opening devotions with a video from The Anima Series.
Approval of Agenda: Kathy Severson made a motion to approve the agenda, seconded by Scott Myers . Motion passed unanimously.
Secretary – Cathy Prusansky
The minutes from August 11, 2015, were approved as written on a motion by Greg Griffith seconded by Melanie Morgan . The motion passed unanimously.
Treasurer – Todd Duckworth
Todd presented the financial report for the month of August. A motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report was made by Greg Griffith and seconded by Shirley Myers . The motion passed unanimously.
Pastor’s Report – Pastor Bond
Pastor discussed Confirmation expectations, Meagan Rebout starting in October as the new accompanist, Salvation Army thank you card, and lower parking lot plans.
Council Concerns and Matters:
- October Devotions – Todd Duckworth
- First Sunday Feedback – nothing to report – next meeting October 4th.
- Dishwasher: Scott Myer gave the motion to approve the bids from DeGarmo and ASC1 and move forward with the repairs and seconded by Tammy Albrecht.
- Website: next session Tuesday September 15
- Roof Fund: Announcement will be made on Sunday and it will be part of the Stewardship planning group’s campaign
- NCD: the results were examined and discussed
Celebration and Plans –
Youth and Education: Sunday school starts next week
Worship/Evangelism: no report
Building and Grounds: no report, lawn mowing need volunteer(s)
Social Ministry: meeting 9-24-15
Stewardship/Leadership: no report
Foundation: met last week and provided additional funds toward dishwasher project
Congregational contacts were discussed.
Adjournment: Greg Griffith made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Melanie Morgan . The motion passed unanimously. The meeting closed with a prayer and adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
The next meeting of the St. John Lutheran Church Council will be held on October 13, 2015, at 6:30 p.m.Share this with your friends: