The Social Ministry Planning Group would like to thank everyone who donated items for the Refugee Resettlement Boxes. We were able to collect all of the items on the 8 lists with an estimated value of $550. The boxes were taken up to the LSS Office of Refugee and Immigrant Services in Madison to be used for a family placed in the Madison area in the future. In addition to the items donated by the congregation, the St. John Foundation granted a request for $1,000. as a donation to LSS for Refugee Resettlement Services. The Foundation grant will be matched by a challenge grant from the Siebert Foundation thus doubling the impact of the St. John Foundation Grant.
- The LSS program uses these donations both in terms of physical items and financial contributions to:
- Prepare housing for refugees, equipped with beds and essential household items
- Provide English classes and cultural orientation
- Connect refugees with doctors and other community resources and get children enrolled in school
- Help refugees find employment so they can become self-sufficient, productive members of society
Thank you all for your generosity and thoughtfulness.Share this with your friends: