THIS MONTH WE WILL BE STARTING THE CHERISH ALL CHILDREN PROGRAM.
The expectations of a Cherish All Children Congregation are:
- Create/update and adopt “safe church” policies to insure the well-being of children while participating in congregational activities.
- Establish a prayer ministry of intentional individual and/or community public prayer for all the children within the congregation, ages birth to 25.
- Provide educational activities to junior/senior high youth, parents, and congregation members to generate awareness about sexual exploitation and how to prevent it.
- Relationship Building Build a relationship with one or more organizations in your community that also work to prevent child sexual exploitation.
- Create an opportunity to involve members in an action project to prevent child sexual exploitation within the congregation and/or the broader community which we did at the Human Trafficking Seminar.
- All members should have received /or will be receiving a letter inviting them to participate in this program, and congregational members will be matched this month with a child or young person who they will be praying for.
On February 12th, we will be having Prayer Training after the education hour (coffee and treats will be provided) but it is not required. At this time we will be handing out the prayer books that have prayers for your child/young person. Let us celebrate this new ministry for our church!
For more on this program, click HEREShare this with your friends: